Day Four (Thursday)
Cooking lesson 3 & Dinner
Painting on site 3 : Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Painting Site Suggestion :
Orange & the Roman Theater
Free Visit of the city
- Great breakfast on the terrace or in the breakfast room.
- 8.30 am.: Departure from B&B (follow Marie-Pierre with your car)
- 9.30 a.m.: Painting on site 3 with your teacher
Châteauneuf-du-Pape: Enjoy sketching or drawing in the village of the summer residency of the Popes. Pope John XXII ordered the construction of the château (14th century) which lies in ruin today. Vineyards and wine-making dominate village life. Wines dégustation with comments at Vinadea (house of wines) where 80 Châteauneuf-du-Pape makers are represented.
- Noon: Departure to Orange
- 12.30 p.m.: Orange: Free visit to the exceptional Roman theater (built on the first century B.C.). Today, the stage is still in good condition as well as the huge wall behind it. This monument has the privilege to be the best preserved in Europe (note the incredible quality of acoustic!). During summer the Roman Theater hosts thousands of music-lovers for the world famous lyrical festival (The Choregie d’Orange).
- Lunch on your own.
- 4.30 p.m.: Cheese degustation.
Another French cheese with fresh
fruits, olive or walnut bread.
- 5 p.m.: Cooking lesson 3. New recipes
and new techniques for this third menu.
- 8.00 p.m.: Dinner, great wine.
Day Five (Friday
Cooking lesson 4 & Gala Farewell Dinner
Painting on site 4 at Lourmarin - Free Visit of the 15C Castle.
- Great French breakfast on the terrace or in the breakfast room.
- 8.30 a.m.: Departure from B&B (follow Marie-Pierre with your car).
- 9.30 a.m.: Painting on site 4 with your teacher
Lourmarin, at the foot of the Montagne du Luberon, is an other lovely village ranked as one of “the most beautiful villages in France” Before your lunch, you will stroll along the animated streets where stand the colorful and fragrant “Marché de Provence”, art galleries and restaurants. Have a look at the numerous boutiques : this is the right place to buy local art crafts and Provençal souvenirs.)- Don’t miss the visit of Château de Lourmarin (15C-Renaissance style).
- 11.30 am: Time free. Enjoy this famous bustling market of Provence!
- Lunch on your own
- 4.30 p.m.: Cheese degustation. Apéritif and an other cheese with fresh fruits, olive or walnut bread.
- 5.00 p.m.: Cooking lesson 4. New techniques and recipes for this last menu. Specialty of the day: preparation and secrets of a traditional festive dish such as Le Grand Aioli, Paella Valenciana, Bouillabaisse,…
- 7.30 p.m.: Diploma & Champagne Ceremony followed by…
- 8.00 p.m.: Gala Farewell Dinner. Served with great wine, digestif. It is time for sharing some more great moment and to ask any questions about art or about recipes you will reproduce at home. If you need more other professional “tips”, feel free to ask any questions.
Day Six (Saturday)
Farewell Day and Departure
- Farewell breakfast on the terrace.
Before leaving, enjoy a last gourmet breakfast and saying au revoir to your newly found friends.
- Departure from B&B (before 11 a.m.)
This program provides intensive painting lessons in the morning
with our Art teacher, and hands-on cooking classes
in the afternoon with our renowned Chef de cuisine.
This is a wonderful combination designed for Art and Gourmet connoisseurs as well as amateurs who wish to improve their painting skill and capture the essence and flavors of the French regional cuisines.
Five (5) nights' accommodation in bed and breakfast
Four (4) cheeses degustations
Four (4) dinners with beverage
All hands-on cooking classes
And everything mentioned in itinerary
Participants must have their own car and, if so, their own painting materials they are used to work with; for beginners, pastels and other useful painting tools will be provided
Important: June to August can be hot! Please, bring solar cream, hats…
Not included: Airfare, transportation, transfers, insurance and meals or beverages not listed in the program.
Available year round.
Weeks begin on Monday afternoon and end on Saturday morning.
Same Program without accommodations, lunch, dinners and beverages. Please, ask for more details & rate about this alternative program
Please ask for rates and discount
Special group discount
Depending on their availability, Marie-Pierre may
invite over some worldly famous artists and/or chef who will share their knowledge with you.
ART and GOURMET ADVENTURES in EUROPE with MARIE-PIERRE ®